Multiple business award winner Colin MacPhee from Quest Rotorua Central will speak at a Firestation workshop to help businesses enter the 2016 Westpac Business Excellence Awards in Rotorua.
Entries close on 31 July and businesses are urged to attend the two upcoming workshops.
MacPhee said he would encourage anyone thinking about entering the awards to attend. He would provide details of his experience of winning categories for the last two years.
He also wants to tell business owners that entering is not as onerous as many people think.
“I want to share with businesses some of the work required to put in an entry as well as discuss the benefits of entering.”
“It’s really not as difficult as perceived and is very beneficial for your business. The process of documenting your business planning is a great tool for analysing your business.”
“Having the judges scrutinise your business and getting business experts to challenge your thought processes is invaluable,” he said.
Quest Rotorua Central won the Emerging Business of the Year Award in 2014 and then won their category in 2015 with the Hospitality Business Award.
“Having won twice – it shows that what you put in to your entry can be rewarded on the Gala Night.” Macphee said.
The Winning Business Awards workshops are being by Bay of Plenty’s Business Growth Centre Firestation, in partnership with the Rotorua Chamber of Commerce.
Darren McGarvie, chief coach from Firestation and previous Award winner, said he will go through the entry form to guide businesses on the type of information they need to include as well as providing best practice examples.
“These workshops are a great way for businesses to find out if they are following best practice and what areas of their business they can improve. They will provide important insight in how to submit a great award entry,” McGarvie said.
The workshops and awards are open to all organisations, even if they are not Chamber members.
The workshops will be held on Wednesday 6 July and Wednesday 20 July from 5.30-7.00pm. Register now.
Entries for the 2016 Westpac Business Excellence Awards entries close 31 July 2016. For entry details go to www.bit.ly/BusAwardsEntry
About the Awards:
- 13 award categories including:
- Manufacturing and Trade
- Service Provider
- Hospitality and Attractions
- Emerging Business
- Community Organisation
- Emerging Young Leader
- Employee of the Year
- Customer Service
- Social Responsibility
- Health and Wellbeing
- Excellence in Sustainable Practices
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year award
- Winners will be announced at the Gala Dinner at the Rotorua Energy Events Centre, on Saturday 15 October 2016.
- Owned and operated by Darren and Rachael McGarvie drawing on their combined forty years of corporate experience, diverse business ownership and governance expertise.
- Firestation is the only Business Growth Centre in the wider Bay of Plenty with world class programmes and services covering leadership, sales, brand, governance, marketing and business coaching.
- Since launching in 2014, customer growth has been exceptional. More than 140 business owners and leaders engaged with FIRESTATION in the past year alone.
- Has a growing list of award winning clients (including 9 finalists at the 2015 BNZ Great Lake Taupo Business Awards and the 2015 Westpac Rotorua Business Excellence Awards, six business award category winners, the Taupo Business of the Year and even a NZ Law Awards finalist). Firestation’s vision is that the Bay of Plenty is the innovative and entrepreneurial heart of NZ business.
– ENDS –
For further media information, please contact:
Rachael McGarvie, Firestation – 021 271 1517 or email@example.com
Darrin Walsh, Rotorua Chamber of Commerce – 027 457 5727 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo: From L-R Colin and Lisa MacPhee, Quest Rotorua Central